The Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Warranty1 is a true extension of the New Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty. It adds an additional 2 years or 20,000 miles to the original factory 4-year/50,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty. That’s 6 years or 70,000 miles of worry-free protection1 on every Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, whichever comes first.
Each Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with the full assurance that it meets Cadillac’s stringent standards for mechanical condition and appearance—standards set with Cadillac’s 172-point Vehicle Inspection and Reconditioning process. Ultimately, you’ll have complete confidence that your Pre-Owned Cadillac drives as immaculately as it looks.
With our 24-hour Roadside Assistance Program, you’ll have peace of mind that help is there, day and night. This responsive and convenient service is available for the duration of the Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Warranty.
During the warranty coverage period, this Cadillac program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses if your Cadillac requires warranty repairs. So, even if the unexpected happens, you’ll always have the means to get to where you need to go.
Cadillac is pleased to offer Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance3 on all 2011 and newer Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. It is a maintenance program that provides more peace of mind by covering select required maintenance up to six years or 70,000 miles6 of the vehicle’s operation. It aligns with the terms of our 6-year or 70,000 mile6 Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Bumper to-Bumper Limited Warranty. And, it’s fully transferable.
All digitally equipped Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac vehicles are eligible for three trial months of OnStar®4 Directions & Connections, including OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation. To activate the trial push the blue OnStar button.
All XM-equipped Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac vehicles come with a three-month trial5 of XM Satellite Radio service. XM brings to your vehicle radio over 170 channels of audio entertainment with coast-to-coast digital quality sound.
The Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Warranty extends the New Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage up to 6 Years or 70,000 miles.1 Each Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac vehicle comes with the remainder of the unexpired portion of the original 4-year/50,000-mile new vehicle “Bumper-to-Bumper” Limited Warranty, Powertrain, Emissions, and Corrosion Protection Warranties. The Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty coverage is effective upon the expiration of the New Vehicle “Bumper-to-Bumper” Limited Warranty and adds an additional 2 years or 20,000 miles of coverage.
|4 years or 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)||Original Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty plus an additional 2 years or 20,000 miles (whichever occurs first)|
|From the original in-service date||From the original in-service date effective upon expiration of the new vehicle warranty|
The Cadillac Certified Pre-owned Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty provides extensive coverage for defects in materials or workmanship of covered components for the full term of the warranty. The coverage includes parts and labor but excludes maintenance and wear and tear items. There is no deductible for covered repairs. Cadillac will provide for repairs to the vehicle during the warranty period in accordance with the following terms, conditions, and limitations.
CADILLAC CPO BUMPER-TO-BUMPER LIMITED COVERAGE
• The complete vehicle is covered for 6 years or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first, except for other coverages listed here under “What Is Not Covered” later in this section.
POWERTRAIN COVERAGE (2012 MY AND OLDER)
• The powertrain is covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
POWERTRAIN COVERAGE (2013 MY AND NEWER)
• The powertrain is covered for 6 years or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first.
SHEET METAL COVERAGE
• Corrosion is covered on body sheet metal panels for 6 years or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• Rust-through is covered for up to 6 years, unlimited mileage. Important: Cosmetic or surface corrosion, resulting from stone chips or scratches in the paint, for example, is not included in sheet metal coverage.
EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM WARRANTY
• Defects and performance for cars and light-duty truck emission control systems are covered for the first two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. From the first two years or 24,000 miles to four years or 50,000 miles, defects in material or workmanship continue to be covered under the New Vehicle or CPO Limited Warranty “Bumper-to-Bumper” coverage explained previously. Specified major components are covered for the first eight years or 80,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• Defects and performance for heavy-duty truck emission control systems are covered for the first five years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• Defects and performance for cars and trucks with light-duty or medium-duty emission control systems are covered for the first three years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• Specified components for cars or light-duty trucks equipped with light-duty or medium-duty truck emission control systems are covered for the first seven years or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• Some California emission vehicles may have special coverages longer than those listed here. Please refer to the New Vehicle Owner Assistance and Warranty Manual for additional details. See “California Emission Control System Warranty” under Emission Control Systems Warranty.
CADILLAC CPO WARRANTY APPLIES
• This warranty is for Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles registered in the United States and normally operated in the United States or Canada, and is provided to the original and any subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period.
• The warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect, not slight noise, vibrations, or other normal characteristics of the vehicle related to materials or workmanship occurring during the warranty period. Needed repairs will be performed using new, remanufactured, or refurbished parts.
• Warranty repairs, including towing, parts, and labor, will be made at no charge.
• To obtain warranty repairs, the customer should be directed to take the vehicle to a Cadillac dealer facility within the warranty period and request the needed repairs.
• The warranty period for all coverages begins on the date the vehicle is first delivered or put in use and ends at the expiration of the coverage period.
• Tire coverage for the original factory tires ends once the vehicle reaches 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• The tires originally supplied with the vehicle from the factory are covered by Cadillac against defects in material or workmanship under the new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage.
• Wear-out is not considered a defect, and it may occur before the vehicle warranty expires. In this case, the owner required to purchase replacement tires, or seek coverage solely from the tire manufacturer.
• For vehicles still within the original 4-Year/50,000-Mile bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, defective tires will be replaced on a prorated adjustment basis according to the following mileage-based schedule:
Replacement Percentage Covered by Cadillac
|0 – 12,000||100%|
|12,001 – 36,000||Sliding scale starting at 67% at 12,001, proportionately falling (1.96%/1,000 miles) to 20% at 36,000|
|36,001 – 50,000||20%|
• After the New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires, the customer may still have prorated warranty coverage on their original equipment tires by the tire manufacturer.
• The dealership should contact the tire manufacturer of the original tires of the vehicle for more information.
• Please refer to the Cadillac New Vehicle Limited Warranty and Owner Assistance Booklet for additional details.
• GM accessories sold over the counter, or those not requiring installation, will receive the standard GM Dealer Parts Limited Warranty of 12 months from the date of purchase, and coverage is for parts only (installation extra).
• GM Licensed and Integrated Business Partner (IBP) Accessories are covered under the accessory-specific manufacturer’s warranty and are not warranted by GM or its dealers.
• Towing is covered to the nearest Cadillac dealer if the vehicle cannot be driven because of a warranted defect.
TIRE AND WHEEL DAMAGE OR WEAR
• Normal tire wear or wear-out is not covered. Tire wear is influenced by many variables such as road conditions, driving styles, vehicle weight, and tire construction.
• Uniform tire wear is a normal condition, and is not considered a defect.
• Road hazard damage such as punctures, cuts, snags, and breaks resulting from pothole impact, curb impact, or from other objects is not covered.
• Tire wear due to misalignment beyond the warranty period is not covered.
• Damage from improper inflation, overloading, spinning, as when stuck in mud or snow, tire chains, racing, improper mounting or dismounting, misuse, negligence, alteration, improper repair, accident, collision, fire, vandalism, or misapplication is not covered.
• Damage to wheels or tire sidewalls caused by automatic car washes or cleaning agents is not covered.
DAMAGE DUE TO ACCIDENT, MISUSE, OR ALTERATION
• The Certified or New Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as the result of any of the following: collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle.
• Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper vehicle use is discussed in the owner manual.
• Alteration, modification, or tampering to the vehicle, including, but not limited to the body, chassis, powertrain, driveline, software, or other components after final assembly by Cadillac.
• Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
• Installation of non-GM (General Motors) parts.
• Water or fluid contamination.
• Damage resulting from hail, floods, windstorms, lightning, and other environmental conditions.
• Alteration of glass parts by application of tinting films.
DAMAGE OR CORROSION DUE TO ENVIRONMENT, CHEMICAL TREATMENTS, OR AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS
• Damage caused by airborne fallout, rail dust, salt from sea air, salt or other materials used to control road conditions, chemicals, tree sap, stones, hail, earthquake, water or flood, windstorm, lightning, the application of chemicals or sealants subsequent to manufacture, etc., is not covered.
DAMAGE DUE TO INSUFFICIENT OR IMPROPER MAINTENANCE
• Damage caused by failure to follow the recommended maintenance schedule intervals and/or failure to use or maintain proper fluids, or maintain fluids between recommended maintenance intervals, fuel, lubricants, or refrigerants recommended in the owner manual is not covered.
DAMAGE DUE TO CONTAMINATED OR POOR QUALITY FUEL
• Poor fuel quality or incorrect fuel may cause drivability problems such as hesitation, lack of power, stalling, or failure to start. It may also render gauges inoperable or degrade functionality for components such as spark plugs, oxygen sensors, and the catalytic converter.
• Damage from poor fuel quality, water contamination, or incorrect diesel fuel or gasoline may not be covered.
DAMAGE DUE TO IMPACT, USE, OR THE ENVIRONMENT
• Windshield or glass cracks, chips, or scratches due to impact are not covered. Windshield cracks will be covered for the first 12 months, regardless of mileage if caused by defects in material or workmanship.
• Lights, lenses, mirrors, paint, grille, moldings, and trim are not covered for cracks, chips, scratches, dents, dings, and punctures or tears as a result of impact with other objects or road hazards.
• Cracks, chips, scratches, or other damage to the face of a radio or instrument cluster from impact or foreign objects are not covered.
• All vehicles require periodic maintenance.
• Maintenance services, such as those detailed in the owner manual are, the owner’s expense.
• Vehicle lubrication, cleaning, or polishing is not covered.
• Failure of or damage to components requiring replacement or repair due to vehicle use, wear, exposure, or lack of maintenance is not covered.
• The items shown below are several examples of what is considered maintenance, and not covered as part of the Certified Pre-Owned Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Vehicle Warranty:
• Audio System Cleaning
• Brake Pads/Linings
• Clutch Linings
• Coolants and Fluids
• Limited Slip Rear Axle Service
• Tire Rotation
• Wheel Alignment/Balance3
• Wiper Inserts
• Any replacement at the time of, or beyond the 172 Point Inspection period is considered maintenance, and is not covered a part of the Certified Pre-Owned Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Vehicle Warranty.
• The Certified Pre-Owned Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty only covers components when replacement or repair of these components is the result of a defect in material or workmanship.
• Economic loss or extra expense is not covered.
• Examples include:
• Lodging, meals, or other travel costs
• Loss of vehicle use
• Payment for loss of time or pay
• State or local taxes required on warranty repairs
WHAT ABOUT COURTESY TRANSPORTATION?
Courtesy Transportation is also included on all Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles for the duration of the vehicle Warranty. Whenever warranty repairs are required, several transportation options and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses are available for your convenience at participating dealers/retailers.
IS MY VEHICLE COVERED FROM RUST, TOO?
Cadillac vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for 6 years, unlimited mileage. Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is neither necessary nor required under the Sheet Metal Coverage. Cadillac makes no recommendations concerning the usefulness or value of such products. Application of after-manufacture rust-proofing products may create an environment that reduces the corrosion resistance built into your vehicle. Repairs to correct damage caused by such applications are not covered under your CPO or New Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty. See your Cadillac dealer for terms of this limited warranty.
DO I HAVE TO GO TO THE CADILLAC DEALER WHERE I PURCHASED MY VEHICLE TO HAVE THIS TYPE OF WORK PERFORMED?
While most customers prefer to have this type of work performed at their selling dealer, it can be performed at any Cadillac dealership.
CAN I TAKE MY CADILLAC TO ANY GM DEALERSHIP FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS?
These repairs must be performed by an Authorized Cadillac dealer, except in an emergency situation when a covered part or a Cadillac dealer is not reasonably available to the vehicle owner. It’s in your best interest to take your Cadillac vehicle to a Cadillac dealer for all repairs since they are the most knowledgeable about the requirements of your vehicle.
Each Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac comes with the full assurance that it meets Cadillac’s stringent standards for mechanical condition and appearance—standards set with Cadillac’s 172-Point Inspection and Reconditioning process. You should have full confidence that each vehicle receives a comprehensive check of vehicle systems and equipment, including:
• An under-hood inspection
• An under-vehicle inspection
• Exterior and interior inspection
• All scheduled maintenance performed
• A road test
• A vehicle history report
INVESTIGATE VEHICLE HISTORY
1.Confirm vehicle is still covered by its original factory warranty 2.Owner’s manual/warranty booklet present 3.Review GM vehicle history 4.Examine the vehicle history report 5.Scan for vehicle trouble codes 6.Insure the vehicle is free of any aftermarket modifications like body/chassis lift kits, engine performance chips 7. Validate the vehicle is a good candidate to be certified
8.Engine oil and filter 9.Inspect/check air filter, cabin filter, hoses/clamps, drive/serpentine belt, wiper blades (front/back) 10.Battery status 11.Clean battery cables 12.Secure battery cable connections 13. Power steering fluid 14.Transmission fluid 15.Windshield fluid 16.Engine coolant 17.Brake fluid
CHECK TIRES AND BRAKE PADS
18.Right-front tire tread depth and brake pad thickness 19.Right-rear tire tread depth and brake pad thickness 20. Left-front tire tread depth and brake pad thickness 21.Left-rear tire tread depth and brake pad thickness 22.Tire manufacturer and brand 23.Tire size/specifications
24.Carpet/seat cushions 25.Headliner/dash pad 26.Interior trim panels 27.All glass surfaces 28.Trunk compartment/spare cover 29.Instrument panel/cover/pad 30.Storage compartments/ashtray 31.Remove foreign odors 32.Wash or wax 33.Reasonably free of dents 34.Remove road tar/oil/stains 35.Tires/wheels free of brake dust 36.Reconditioning surface chips/scratches
37.Start-up 38.Idle quality 39.Sound quality 40.Service/warning lights 41.Acceleration 42.Shift interlock 43.Shifting 1st-2nd-3rd…OD 44.Manual 45.AWD/2WD/4WD 46.Alignment/drift 47.Vibration 48.Squeaks/rattles 49.Wind noise 50.Anti-lock brakes 51. Smooth stop 52.Steering wheel centered 53.Ease of turning 54.Steering wheel alignment 55.Air conditioning 56.Heat 57.Fan/speeds 58.Defrost 59.Rear defrost 60.Vent controls 61.Recirculation 62.Climate control 63.Wipers (front/rear) 64.Odometer 65.Speedometer 66.Turn signals/hazards 67.Mirrors/defrost 68.Cruise/resume 69.Traction control 70.Dash panel gauges/compass
71.OnStar equipped 72.Air bags (all) 73.Parking brake 74.Convertible top 75.Weather stripping 76.Door child safety locks 77.Fuel door and cap 78.Spare tire/jack/tools 79.Trunk release button 80.Alarm/theft deterrent 81.Seat belts/retractors 82.Auxiliary/cigarette outlet 83.Key FOB/keys/remote start
84.Brake system 85.Cooling system 86.Ignition system 87.AC compressor 88.Vacuum system 89.Serpentine/belts 90.Fuel system 91.Power steering system 92.Check for proper labels/decals
93.Visual inspection clean, no leaks 94.Calipers 95.Rotors/drums 96.Hydraulic lines 97.Parking brake cable 98.Control arms 99.Springs/sway bars 100.Shock absorbers/struts/air suspension 101.Gear/rack and pinion 102.Engine/transmission mounts 103.CV joints/boots 104.Axles/differentials 105.Driveshaft/universal joints 106.Frame 107.Tow hooks 108.Exhaust system 109.Wheel lugs (all) 110.Fuel tank
111.Interior/ambient 112.Visor/map/dome 113.Instrument cluster/dash 114.Rear compartment/cargo/storage net 115.Driver seating 116.Passenger seating 117.Rear seating 118.Third-row seating 119.Lumbar (all) 120.Headrests (all) 121.Heated/cooling seats 122.Seat adjustment power/manual 123.Door/trim (all) 124.Floor mats 125.Headliner 126.Sill plate/kick panel 127.Overhead console 128.Steering wheel, (overall condition) 129.Horn 130.Touch controls 131.Tilt/telescoping 132.Audio controls 133.Radio AM/FM/XM (if equipped) 134.CD/cassette 135.Speakers (all) 136. Sync system (reset) 137.Navigation system/disc 138.DVD player/headsets 139.Antenna 140.Trunk release 141.Gas cover release 142.Power sunroof 143.Dash controls/driver information center 144.Clock (check/reset) 145.Sun visor/vanity mirrors 146.Cargo area/trunk 147.Accessory power outlets 148.Map pockets/storage
149.Windshield, side (all), rear/sunroof, all other 150.Headlamps 151.High beams 152.Parking 153.Fog 154.Turn signals 155.Hazards 156.Side marker 157.License plate 158.Back-up/reverse 159.Brake lights 160.Daytime running lights 161.Bumper front/rear 162.Grill/hood/trunk/roof 163.Emblems/name plates 164.Bed liner (trucks only) 165.Mirrors 166.Left-front fender 167.Left-doors 168.Left-rear fender 169.Right-front fender 170.Right doors 171.Right-rear fender 172.Wheels/covers/center caps
From an exceptional new Bumper-to-Bumper warranty, our thorough 172-point inspection and low APR financing, Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are the perfect combination of assurance and exhilaration. Take a look below, and see how we stack up against our competitors.
|Up to 6 years or 70,000 miles Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty||Up to 6 years or 100,000 miles Limited comprehensive warranty||Up to 5 years or 100,000 miles Limited comprehensive warranty||3 years or 100,000 miles Limited comprehensive warranty from the date of Pre-Owned sale||6 years or 100,000 miles Limited warranty from original in-service date|
$50 deductible per visit
$85 deductible per visit
OnStar Directions and Connections for 3 months
BMW Assist is included for the remaining 4 years or 50,000 miles of the new vehicle arranty
XM Radio for 3 months
Cadillac is pleased to offer Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance on all 2011 and newer Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. This new program aligns perfectly with our effort to address the unique expectations of today’s luxury customer.
It is a maintenance program that provides more peace of mind by covering select required maintenance up to 6 years or 70,000 miles of the vehicle’s operation. It aligns with the terms of our 6-year or 70,000 mile Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Bumper to-Bumper Limited Warranty. And, it’s fully transferable.
Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance covers all of the following routine services when scheduled in accordance with the Vehicle Owner’s Manual:
• Oil Changes: based on your Cadillac’s Oil Life Monitor system
• Tire Rotation every 7,500 miles
• Engine Air Cleaner Filter replacement
• Passenger Compartment Air Filter replacement
• Multi-Point Vehicle Inspections (MPVI)3
To ensure that your vehicle receives top-quality service, Cadillac requires having all Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance performed by a participating Cadillac Certified Service dealership. There are some key advantages to having your vehicle maintained by a Cadillac dealer, including:
• Knowledgeable and friendly service staff with factory-trained and certified technicians
• State-of-the-art equipment and tools designed to diagnose and service your Cadillac vehicle
• Genuine GM Parts that meet stringent factory specifications to keep your vehicle running at peak performance
To find out more about Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance, visit us at Classic Cadillac.